Alice Bast, Founder & President of the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness, likes to keep things simple around the holidays - and that applies to gluten-free cooking. Here are some of Alice's favorite gluten-free holiday recipes.
What's your go-to dish for the holidays? Share your original gluten-free recipe for a chance to win $500 cash, courtesy of Crunchmaster. Gluten-Free Holiday Recipe Contest »
Chocolate Coconut Mousse
14 oz. can of coconut milk
16 oz. of dark chocolate
Spices/herbs (I like to add red pepper flakes for some heat, but you can add in cinnamon, all spice or even mint)
1. Heat coconut milk to a simmer. Turn off heat and stir in chocolate until completely melted.
2. Add spices and stir. Let sit for a few minutes to allow flavors to blend.
2. Pour chocolate mixture into individual ramekins or serving cups (remember to remove any mint sprigs, if you use them!). Place in the refrigerator and let chill for several hours. Serve as is or with whipped cream.
2 large grapefruits
1. Slice grapefruits in half. Place cut side up on a baking sheet. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of each half.
2. Turn on broiler and place grapefruits under broiler for 5 minutes, or until sugar is melted to a crisp caramel color.
Additional Family Recipes: