The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) offers free materials and information to help parents during back to school season.
September is here and the kids are heading back to school. You may be wondering how to get a conversation about your child's gluten-free needs started with a new teacher, classmates and their parents. To kick the new school year off on a positive note, the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) will be sharing back to school tips and resources throughout September. Get started with this overview of NFCA’s free resources:
Click the link above for instant access to:
- Infographic: Back to School Gluten-Free Checklist
- Back to School Tips from Parents, for Parents
- Details on Crunchmaster’s Gluten-Free Giveaway
NFCA offers free monthly webinars and maintains an archive of past webinars. View the webinar schedule to see the lineup for the rest of 2013. For back to school specific webinars:
Kids Central is a hub for all things kid and parent related. Consider using these resources to prep your child for another year.
- Pep Talks – Keep them focused on maintaining a healthy, lifelong gluten-free diet
- Games – Perfect for helping a newly diagnosed child learn more about celiac disease. Try printing these for your child’s classmates as a fun way to help them understand your child’s gluten-free diet.
- Print & Learn Guides – Resources for explaining your child’s gluten-free needs
Be sure to browse Kids Central for general celiac disease, non-celiac gluten sensitivity (‘gluten sensitivity’) and gluten-free diet resources and information for kids and parents.