Thank you for participating in NFCA's Webinar, "The Gluten-Free Athlete: Improving Performance Through Diet." Make sure to register for NFCA's next Webinar, "Veggies and Beyond: Why Celiacs Need a Nutritionally Dense Diet," taking place on October 7 at 1 p.m. ET.
As a special treat, Erin Elberson has shared her recipe for Trail Mix Protein Bars - just for Webinar attendees. For more gluten-free cooking ideas, follow NFCA's Gluten-Free Recipe of the Week blog.
Trail Mix Protein Bars
- 2 medium mashed ripe bananas
- 4 oz. unsweetened applesauce
- 80 grams of diced dried fruit
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 100 grams crushed Blue Diamond almonds, such as Dark Chocolate or Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of spoonable stevia, or sweetener of your preference
- 3 scoops of protein powder (approximately 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and use non-stick spray on a 8x8 baking pan.
Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
Combine the two mixtures together and mix well.
Bake for 15 minutes.