From Rachel Begun, MS, RD, of The Gluten-Free RD
- 2 cups walnut pieces
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites, whisked until frothy
- 1/8 cup plus 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup large semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a cookie sheet.
2. Grind the walnut pieces and cinnamon in a small food processor to a flour-like consistency. Mix the walnut cinnamon mixture with the eggs, honey and vanilla extract to make a batter. Mix in the coconut flakes. Batter should thicken. Toss in chocolate chips.
3. Drop equal-sized portions of batter onto cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
Makes 12 cookies.