From Laura Hanley of G-Free Laura
Inspired by Better Homes and Garden
- 4 beef hamburgers
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 can sliced pineapple
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Gluten-free buns
- Cut up onion and purple onion
- 1 tsp. red wine
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Begin by starting your homemade relish. Turn the burner on medium low and begin by simmering your cut up onion.
- Once onions are translucent, put in the red wine, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, and the brown sugar.
- Let simmer until it smells all sorts of wonderful. Once done, put in a bowl and set aside.
- While your homemade relish is simmering, place the cumin seeds in a skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Then place onto cutting board and crush with a rolling pin so it will easily coat the beef hamburger patties.
- Grill the slices of pineapple from the can for 3-4 minutes per side. Take off the grill and cut into smaller pieces on a cutting board. Place into bowl with homemade relish.
- Brush or spray the hamburger patties with olive oil and then coat with the cumin seeds, doing your best to make both sides even.
- Place burgers on the grill to cook evenly, approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Take burgers off of grill and place on a gluten-free bun with fresh basil. Top the cumin-coated burger with the homemade relish and pineapple. Place on a plate with your desired side dish (we made grilled steak fries) and eat your gluten-free heart out!
Want more gluten-free blogger recipes?
Sign up to receive a free downloadable eCookbook, featuring this recipe and others highlighted in the Crunchmaster Food Photo Face-Off.