Courtesy of Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery and Rachel Jagareski of The Crispy Cook
- 1 head broccoli, (stem removed and reserved for a delicious pot of broccoli soup or some broccoli slaw later on) cut into smallish florets
- 1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices sturdy gluten-free multi-grain bread (Rudi’s was great)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1. Heat oil in frying pan and add garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add broccoli florets and mushrooms and continue cooking until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place a heaping mound of the vegetable mixture on each slice of bread. Top with grated cheese and press down on the vegetables to make a snug blanket.
3. Broil at 400 degrees for about 7-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and just starting to brown.
*Don't forget to Spread the Bread! Download a $1 off coupon from Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery and Rudi's will donate $1 to the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness for celiac disease education.*