Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 oz. ½-inch thick slices pancetta, cubed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 eggs, fried
- Salt and pepper
- In a 9-inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the pancetta and cook until the fat has rendered, about 5 minutes. Add the sweet potato and rosemary and cook until the sweet potato is softened, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. If the pan gets dry, add a few splashes of water.
- Divide the hash among four plates, and top each with a fried egg.