- 1 lb. haddock (or other white, flaky fish)
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil to cover bottom of pan
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. of gluten-free tabasco (or more if you like things spicy)
- Mango Salsa (can use linked recipe or store-bought)
- 4 corn tortillas
- Non-stick spray or vegetable oil
- Crunchy romaine lettuce for garnish
- Season fish fillets with juice from ½ of the lime, salt and pepper.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil when hot and then pan fry fish until lightly browned on both sides and cooked through. (Fish will break since it is flaky. That’s ok. We’re just going to break them up for the tacos anyway!)
- In the meantime, either food process or finely mash your avocado with salt, Tabasco and juice from the other ½ of the lime.
- Heat large non-stick skillet or griddle and spray with cooking spray or coat with a little bit of vegetable oil. Lightly toast corn tortillas on both sides.
- When fish and tortillas are ready, assemble tacos. Fish first, then avocado cream, crunchy lettuce and top with mango salsa.