From Amie Valpone of The Healthy Apple
- 2 8-oz. packages of button or baby bella mushrooms
- 1 small white Vidalia onion
- 1 cup crushed gluten-free graham crackers
- 2 cups fresh kale, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. oil (for sautéing)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
- Shredded cheese of choice (for a lactose-free version, try Go Veggie! Lactose Free Shredded Cheese)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove stems from two 8-oz. packages of button or baby bella mushrooms.
- Chop 1 small white Vidalia onion. Chop 2 cups fresh kale. Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushroom stems, onions, and a dash of salt & pepper, then cook 8-10 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a large bowl along with kale and toss well. Arrange mushroom caps in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Add shredded cheese, graham crackers, salt and pepper to kale mixture then divide filling evenly between mushrooms, mounding it in the center of each cap.
- Drizzle mushrooms with 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil and bake until softened and juicy, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.