From Jackie Ourman of C.A.F.E.
Makes 2-4 servings
- 4-6 cups gluten-free low sodium chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (or 1 Tbsp. olive oil and 1 Tbsp. butter)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ¼ cup dry wine (Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio)
- 2 oz. gluten-free blue cheese, crumbled, plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup steamed peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat chicken stock in a small sauce pot to boiling and lower to simmer, maintain on low heat throughout entire cooking process.
- Heat a medium sauce pot over medium heat. Once hot, and add olive oil and minced shallot until just translucent, but not browned, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add Arborio rice and stir continually, until slightly toasted and turning white at edges.
- Add in white wine and cook until almost evaporated.
- Start ladling in chicken stock, about 6 oz. at a time, stirring continually until almost evaporated.
- Repeat this process about 5-6 times or until risotto is al dente, or the right consistency for you.
- Reduce heat and stir in blue cheese crumbles and heavy cream until smooth and melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spring peas, garnish with additional blue cheese crumbles and serve immediately.
Want more gluten-free recipes?
Cast your vote in the Gluten-Free Food Photo Face-Off! Your vote determines which recipes will be featured in a free eCookbook, sponsored by Crunchmaster.