Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 can (14 oz.) Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp. Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup assorted vegetables, such as snap peas, bamboo shoots and sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh Thai basil (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce
- Fresh red chiles, thinly sliced (optional)
BRING coconut milk to simmer in large skillet on medium heat. Stir in curry paste and sugar until well blended; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
STIR in shrimp and vegetables. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in basil and fish sauce.
SERVE with cooked Thai Kitchen Jasmine Rice. Garnish with additional basil and red chile slices, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tip: Thai basil has dark green leaves with purple stems and has a licorice flavor. If unavailable, substitute Italian basil.
*Feeling inspired? Enter NFCA and Thai Kitchen's "Cool Weather Cooking with Thai Kitchen" Recipe Contest. The Grand Prize winner will receive a prize package valued at $250 and will have their recipe featured on Thai Kitchen's website!