A delicious treat or tasty snack, good for anytime.
Sugar Roasted Pecans
By Christina Gentile,
NFCA Volunteer Staff Writer
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, pumpkin spice, ginger, salt; set mixture aside.
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Beat the egg whites; add water and vanilla. Mix well.
- Toss nuts with egg white mixture until coated. Drain off excess egg mixture with a strainer. Toss nuts in sugar mixture, and again, shake off any excess.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, tossing the pecans every half hour.
- Remove from oven.
- Take the parchment sheet topped with nuts off the hot baking sheet and set aside to cool.