- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup half and half
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur or frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange peel
- ½ tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- 8 slices of Rudi’s Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin
- 4 Tbsp. (½ stick) butter
- Powdered sugar
- Warm maple syrup
- Whisk first 5 ingredients to blend in medium bowl. Dip each bread slice into egg mixture. For best results, dip and flip the bread slices in the batter 4-5 times before placing in the skillet.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add 4 bread slices to skillet until cooked through and brown, about 3 minutes per side. Place on baking sheet in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat cooking with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 4 bread slices. Transfer French toast to 4 plates. Sift powdered sugar over. Serve with maple syrup.