This recipe earned one of four First Place prizes in NFCA's 2011 "Holiday Dips & Dishes" Gluten-Free Recipe Contest, sponsored by Crunchmaster.
From Amy Dodson of Columbia, MO
- 1 (11 oz.) log herbed goat cheese, room temperature (plain goat cheese also okay)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped into pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sage
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped fine
1. Place the goat cheese in a mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add squash, garlic, shallot, lemon juice, sage and pinches of salt and pepper. Saute until squash is tender, about 10-15 minutes, stirring often. Transfer to a bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
3. Mix the cooked squash with the goat cheese. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
4. Place in a dip bowl, top with apricots and walnuts. Serve with the Crunchmaster gluten-free crackers of your choice. (I prefer Original with this recipe.) Enjoy!
Note: Always check the label to ensure ingredients are gluten-free.