From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
½ cup gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate chips and/or your favorite candies
1 pint whipping or heavy cream for piping on top whipped with 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla and 1/8 tsp. xanthan gum
I used a 4.5 qt (4.5 liter) bowl.
1. Break up cake between your fingers into small pieces. Put cake pieces into bowl.
2. Sprinkle with ¼ cup Kahlua or plain coffee. The cake and brownie pieces are moist enough on their own, so feel free to skip this step unless you want the extra flavor.
3. Spread half of chocolate custard over cake layer.
4. Spread first pint of heavy cream whipped with sugar, vanilla and xanthan gum on top of custard.
5. Sprinkle lightly or heavily with candy/small chocolate pieces.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 using brownie instead of cake. Reserve some of the whipped cream if you want to pipe around the bowl.
7. Keep dessert in refrigerator and remove about 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
Tips and Alternatives:
For a semi-homemade version, use boxed gluten-free cake and brownie mix, instant chocolate pudding mix (make sure it’s gluten-free) and frozen whipped topping.
Get creative with your toppings. A layer of strawberries, raspberries or mango would be great.