From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
Most pasta salads are made with mayonnaise, but I opted to try this gluten-free pasta salad with yogurt to cut down on calories and cholesterol.
- 1 cup gluten-free penne, ziti or rotini
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. of the green of green onions, washed and scissored thin
- 1 Tbsp. chopped, fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped, fresh dill
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or lemon flavor
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- Zest of half a lemon
- 6-8 oz. can artichoke hearts in brine, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. black olives, drained, rinsed and sliced (optional)
- ½ lb. grape tomatoes, washed, dried and quartered, or 4 large Campari tomatoes, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cut into ¼” to ½” dices
- 2 Tbsp. gluten-free finely chopped dill pickle
- 1/2 red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into small dice (optional)
- Cook pasta in boiling water according to package instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop cooking and chill pasta.
- Place zest of lemon, salt, pepper in mixing jug. Add yogurts and whisk or use immersion blender to form an emulsion.
- Add mint, parsley, dill and green onion to jug and mix.
- Place pasta in large bowl. Stir in vinaigrette.
- Add artichoke hearts, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, pickle and red bell pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. (Chill before serving, but it is better at room temperature.)
- Sprinkle with Feta cheese upon serving (optional).