Maine Potato Salad with Cabot Horseradish Cheddar
Courtesy of Cabot Creamery and Katie Webster
- 2 lbs. small red-skinned potatoes, cut into chunks about 1 ½-inches each
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- ½ cup Cabot 2% Plain Greek-Style yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper, preferably white
- 4 oz. Cabot Horseradish Cheddar, Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery hearts
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh tender herbs, such as parsley, chives, chervil, basil, tarragon and dill
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring several inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer attachment over high heat. Add potatoes to steamer and cook until tender and flesh feels tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes. Remove potatoes and steamer transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle vinegar over the potatoes and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 ½ hours.
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in cheddar and mix until any clumps of cheese are broken up. Stir in the celery hearts, onion and herbs. Stir yogurt mixture into the cooled potatoes and season with pepper.
Have you or your family members been diagnosed?
Complete our celiac disease symptoms checklist today to find out if you are at risk of having celiac disease / gluten intolerance. We can help improve the quality of your life!
Join our monthly newsletter to receive news, updates, and tips for healthy gluten-free living and information about celiac disease. Sign-up for the monthly e-mail newsletter