From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
This dish is definitely very sweet (the kids loved it!). Serve this at your next party and everyone will be talking about this tasty gluten-free dessert.
- 1 ½ cups Rice Krispies Gluten-Free
- ½ cup caramel sauce (Make sure it's gluten-free.)
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup milk chocolate (Use either chips or chunks cut into small pieces. For a less sweet taste, use semi-sweet chocolate.)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
1. Line bowl with plastic wrap.
2. Heat caramel and 1/4 cup of butter until butter is melted and caramel and butter mix up into one smooth liquid.
3. Stir in Rice Krispies Gluten-Free until all krispies seem to be covered with butter-caramel mixture.
4. Scrape into lined bowl. Refrigerate until firm.
5. Remove from refrigerator, turn out onto plate that's about 2 inches wider than the bowl and remove plastic wrap.
6. Melt milk chocolate and 2 Tbsp. butter together until smooth and runny.
7. Gently pour chocolate mix over Rice Krispies Gluten-Free cake and help it to flow over the side.
8. Chill to allow chocolate time to set. Eat straight from the fridge once it is firm; at room temperature, it pulls apart.
Tips and Alternatives:
I made the cake in a small cereal bowl which was 5 inches across the top, 1 ½ inches deep and roughly 1 ½ cups total quantity. You can also distribute among smaller bowls for individual cakes.