Courtesy of Chef Simon Clarke and Allergic Living
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs or 4 Tbsp. of egg replacer
- 1½ cups rice flour
- 1 tsp. gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 cups raisins
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. In a stand mixer, beat together the first four ingredients. Add flour, vanilla, cinnamon and baking soda, stirring until smooth. Mix in oats and raisins until just combined.
- Spoon large tablespoons of dough onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, spaced 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and serve. Will keep in an airtight container for up to 10 days.