From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 20 oz. 93% ground turkey (you can increase quantities for meatballs, but that's the size of the packet of ground turkey in my market.)
- Just under ¾ cup corn chex coarsely ground
- 4 tsp. gluten-free tamari sauce
- 4 tsp. dark sesame oil
- Ground black pepper
- 1 11 oz. bottle of curried mango grille sauce
- Cook the onion with the olive oil until the onion is very soft and tender.
- Stir in sesame oil, tamari sauce, Arizona dreaming spice, and crushed corn chex. Mix well.
- This should have cooled the cooked onions enough to add the ground turkey. Mix well.
- Turn broiler on. Put large 12” skillet on the stove and heat over medium heat. Form meatballs using a #60, one tbsp scoop and drop straight onto hot skillet, where they will start cooking from underneath.
- Put skillet under the broiler and broil for about 5 minutes, making sure meatballs brown nicely and do not burn.
- Remove from broiler, pour bottle of sauce over meatballs. Fill bottle with water, shake well and pour this bottle over the meatballs. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Check if meatballs are cooked.