Courtesy of Argo Foodservice
To make 1 Cup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. Argo Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp. butter OR margarine
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Dash Durkee Ground White Pepper and Dash Durkee Cayenne Pepper
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
To make 1 Quart
- 3 cups milk
- 1 oz. Argo Corn Starch
- 3 oz. butter OR margarine
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Durkee Ground White Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Durkee Cayenne Pepper
- 12 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
To make 1 Gallon
- 3 quarts milk
- 4 oz. Argo Corn Starch
- 12 oz. butter OR margarine
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Durkee Ground White Pepper
- 1 tsp. Durkee Cayenne Pepper
- 3 lbs. shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat three quarters of the milk in a saucepan until it is simmering.
- Combine remaining cold milk with corn starch in a bowl.
- Gradually whisk into hot milk.
- Bring to a full boil for 1 minute; reduce heat to low.
- Add butter, salt and peppers; stirring constantly until butter has melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually add cheese, stirring until it is melted.