Courtesy of Argo Foodservice
Makes 1 1/2 quarts
- 1/2 cup Argo Corn Starch
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Durkee Crushed Red Pepper or Cayenne Pepper
- 1 pint Karo Light Corn Syrup
- 1 pint gluten-free Tamari
- 4 fluid oz. dry sherry
- 2 fluid oz. sesame oil
- 2 fluid oz. rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- Combine corn starch, brown sugar and crushed red pepper in a large saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 2 to 3 minutes until thickened to a syrup-like consistency.
- Toss with a favorite stir-fry just before serving.
- Try chicken, pea pods, carrots and onions or beef and broccoli or pork, peppers and pineapple.
- Also delicious as a glaze for grilled meats.
- Refrigerate sauce for up to 2 weeks.