Recipe of the Week - July 28, 2014
Grilled Pork and Pineapple Kabobs
Courtesy of Thai Kitchen
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Refrigerate: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup Thai Kitchen Pineapple & Chili Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 lbs. pork tenderloin, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium red and/or green bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- 2 cups fresh or drained canned pineapple chunks
- 12 long bamboo or metal skewers
- Mix Pineapple & Chili Sauce, honey and cinnamon in small bowl until well blended. Reserve 1/4 cup for brushing. Place pork in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove pork from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Alternately thread pork, vegetables and pineapple onto skewers.
- Grill over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes or until pork is desired doneness, turning frequently and brushing with reserved marinade.
Test Kitchen Tip: Soak bamboo skewers thoroughly in water for at least 30 minutes before threading with vegetables. This prevents them from burning when on the grill.