From Chef Oonagh Williams of Royal Temptations Catering
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Granny Smith, Gala, Fuji or Braeburn apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely crushed
- 1 ½ lb. boneless pork spare ribs, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 12 oz. bottle of gluten-free hard cider or apple juice
- ½ cup gluten-free chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. dried sage
- 1Tbsp. gluten-free cornstarch blended with water (optional)
- 1/2 cup whipping/heavy cream (optional)
- 1-2 tsp. grain Dijon mustard
- Add olive oil and butter to skillet, add pork, apple and onion to pan and brown over medium heat. If you have a slow cooker than can be used on a stove top, brown pork etc. in slow cooker. If not, brown in skillet and then transfer pork etc. to slow cooker.
- Add cider, chicken stock, sage, salt and pepper and leave to cook. Timings do depend on your slow cooker. Stove top, the pork was tender in less than an hour. Thicken with cornstarch if necessary, add cream if wanted and cook together for a further 3 minutes over gentle heat. Taste and adjust seasoning.