Courtesy of Kettle Cuisine and Chef Joseph Ascoli
1 bowl of Kettle Cuisine Roasted Vegetable Soup, thawed overnight in the refrigerator
10 oz. lentils, cooked and drained (any variety)
2 oz. red bell pepper, finely diced
4 oz. tofu (firm), diced
4 portabella mushroom caps
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
4 Tbsp. raita or tzatziki (yogurt, cucumber & garlic dip)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Aged balsamic vinegar
1. Heat panini grill or charcoal grill.
2. Rub portabella caps with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill caps on both sides until the flesh softens and takes on a charred /grill-marked appearance.
4. Warm soup (on stove-top or in microwave) until heated through, then mix in cooked lentils.
5. Add red bell pepper and tofu, mixing gently.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
7. Slice each grilled portabella cap into 4 sections and arrange on plates.
8. Place roughly 1/2 cup of the warm lentil salad on each plate.
9. Garnish each plate with 1 Tbsp. of raita or with optional garnishes as desired, then serve.
Are you in college or heading there soon?
See NFCA's brand new resource: Gluten-Free in College