GREAT Schools, Colleges and Camps
Gluten-Free Training for Your Dining Services Staff
An estimated 3 million Americans have celiac disease and an estimated 18 million Americans have non-celiac gluten sensitivity. These individuals require a strict, lifelong gluten-free diet – including when they’re at college.
Students with gluten-related disorders are relying on your staff to provide safe gluten-free options at each and every meal. What’s more the Americans with Disabilities Act requires “reasonable accommodation” of special needs, including dietary requests for individuals with celiac disease and food allergies.
Gluten-free foodservice requires specific know-how, and you can learn it from the experts at the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA).
Up to 9% of college students are looking for gluten-free options. GREAT Schools, Colleges and Camps will prepare your dining services team to meet this rising demand. Register now »
See who has already taken the course.
GREAT Schools, Colleges and Camps is a comprehensive online training course that teaches dining services managers and staff the essentials of preparing and serving gluten-free meals. The multimedia, interactive course includes 5 training modules and additional resources to ensure continued dedication to serving safe gluten-free meals.
GREAT Schools, Colleges and Camps consists of:
- Five Online GREAT Kitchens Training Modules:
- M1: Gluten-Free Guest. Provides overview of celiac disease and gluten sensitivity, as well as a summary of the overall gluten-free market.
- M2: Ingredients. Provides detailed information on gluten-free ingredients, substitutions and label reading.
- M3: Front of House. Provides detailed scenarios and communications tools that front of house staff can deploy when students ask questions about ingredients or preparation process.
- M4: Back of House. Provides an in-depth look at the operational structure required to serve gluten-free students safely (including storage, labeling, space requirements and safe gluten-free preparation).
- M5: Implementation. Guides your kitchen managers through the process of implementing a strong gluten-free program, including reviewing your menu, understanding your ongoing training needs and promoting accountability.
- Printable GREAT Kitchens Training Manual
- GREAT Schools Q&A
- Access to gluten-free experts
How much does the program cost?
GREAT Schools, Colleges and Camps costs only $100 for the initial login. Additional logins may be purchased for $25 per login. Large volume discounts are also available. For more information on pricing, contact Beckee Moreland at email@example.com.
Upon completion of training, you will be invited to apply for GREAT Schools status. A $50 application fee is required to process your approval.
How do I register for GREAT Schools, Colleges and Camps?
To sign up for online gluten-free training, follow these Registration Instructions.