From Jill of Glow Gluten Free Cookies and Stella (age 14)
Jill and Stella’s Gluten Free Banana Bread
When my daughter Stella was diagnosed with celiac disease, we discovered that we love to bake together. Naturally, we bake a lot of cookies, but one of our favorite family traditions is baking gluten-free banana bread. It’s super easy and totally delicious for breakfast, an after school snack or to give away as a gift. Maybe it will become a family tradition in your house, too!
3 over-ripe bananas
¾ cup of your favorite sugar
4 T. butter
1 ½ cups all-purpose gluten free flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
2. Mash bananas (you should have 1 cup) and beat in sugar, egg and butter.
3. In another bowl, stir together gluten-free flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
4. Add banana mixture to the dry ingredients.
5. Stir until mixed and pour into pan.
6. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.